Wednesday, January 09, 2008

history is important, i swear

Oh yeah, today my brother was doing work on his history class or something and he asked me if I had gotten my research paper back (no) and I asked him if he had gotten his (mini) one back (no) and what it was on (Francis Ferdinand). And so I ask him exactly what about Francis Ferdinand, and say just about all I know about the guy being like, so it basically said this?
I'm still not sure exactly what it was but my brother was like "How did you know that? I didn't know anything about him before I picked the topic..." Turns out, my brother would have known about Francis Ferdinand if the school had not reformed the middle school social studies curriculum. Oh I hate administration.
Then I tried to talk about WWI and my brother told me to shut up but much more nicely. And then he called history stupid. I tried to explain why history wasn't stupid (those who do not know the past are doomed to repeat it and so forth) but he didn't get it and I gave up.

Actually, this all started because my brother is learning about WWII and mentioned Operation Sea Lion... His live gamertag is asealion, and he was like "I wonder if people who know about it think I'm a nazi"... I voted for no, but who knows.

haha.

No comments: