Sunday, March 30, 2008

what have i gotten myself into?

I decided that I want to try out for the All-State Senior Jazz Band. Not for bass, but alto saxophone. Looking at this years requirements, I'm realizing that it is going to be very difficult. Molto difficile, as I say all the time. I hope it will work out though. I need to work on my improv, tone, learn scales, and just regain all my saxophone ability, I suppose. I was decent at it, even good, though I'm not the best judge.

I want to try out for the Senior Orchestra as well, for bass. That way if I didn't make the Jazz Band, I would hopefully still make orchestra.

Okay, dilemma:
may 6 = the fall of troy, the dear hunter + two bands I haven't heard of in new haven
may 8 = the classic crime, sksk + aiden in new haven

I am not going to get parental permission to go to both of these. I know it. But aghhhhh. Choosing which one to go to is difficult. I might not be able to go on the 6th anyway because it is a tuesday. =|

No comments: