Sunday, December 10, 2006

heartbreak of the worst kind

it was always you and your arrogance
oh what best friends
there was never any room for me
i wish i could have seen that was true

but you kept me around
just to push me around
and you watched me fall
just to help me up from the ground

i missed all the phrases you'd say
and i stayed around
hoping i'd hear them someday
once again

i said i was wrong when
i knew i was right
i never wanted a fight
because i knew what would come
the anger and screaming
the pushing the needing
the hating the berating
all for what i knew was the truth

you kept me around
just to push me around
you'd watch me fall down
just to pick me up from the ground

i never got sick of your lips
or sick of your eyes
sick of your hair
but i got sick of your lies

it was over and over
those words i once loved
i still loved i still loved
it shouldn't have been
so difficult to see
that maybe i loved you
but you never loved me

and i watched what i said
for the longest of times
before i thought you'd accept
what i knew was right
and i talked my way into
the final fight that we had
figured out all those phrases
i now knew were lies
and i fell in love again
with your rage-filled eyes

you kept me around
just to push me around
you watched me fall down
just to pick me up from the ground

well it was too late for good-byes
and to sad for tears
it was too much for drinking
the reality stayed there
i put too much effort
into a waste of my life
made stupid excuses
for your waste of a life
and we all make our choices
i certainly made mine
but i know that you never
should have had a place in my life

you kept me around
just to push me around
you'd watch me fall down
just to pick me up from the ground

i don't wanted to be kept around
just to be pushed around
or picked up from the ground
by the person who kicked me down

well i'm leaving you know
and i'm pushing you down
i won't stay to see you fall
i won't pick you up from the ground
yeah you can cry out
but it's not worth it know
since figuring out
i know that you're nothing but lies



...:::///|||\\\:::...

remind me never to sleep again

No comments: